T-Mobile sanitation in Hemet
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we are offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID- 19 pandemic. Here in our community we have been called onto a service of sanitation for a T-Mobile store to get them up and running again in a clean and sanitized workspace for their employees. SERVPRO of Hemet is here to help!
Grilling Safety Tips
As Memorial Day is approaching here are some Grilling Safety Tips...
- Your grill, whether gas or charcoal, should be on a level surface outdoors, away from anything that could be ignited by flames (bushes, fences, etc.)
- NEVER use a grill indoors
- Keep your grill clean and well-maintained
- Never leave a hot grill unattended or let children play near it.
Grilling Safety Tips For Charcoal Grills
- Do not add lighter fluid directly to hot coals. The flame could travel up the stream of fluid and burn you.
- Never use gasoline or kerosene to light charcoal fire.
- Use flame-retardant mitts and long-handled barbeque tongs, as coals can reach up to 1,000 degrees.
- To dispose of coals, allow the ashes to cool for at least 48 hours before disposal in an non-combustible container. if you cannot wait 48 hours, carefully place coals individually in an can of sand or bucket of water.
Grilling Safety Tips For Gas Grills
- Check your grill's hoses for leaks before using it for the first time each year. apply a light soap water and solution to the hose. a propane leak will release bubbles, if you have a leak and it will not stop after the grill and gas is turned off, have your grill serviced by a professional.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department, DO NOT move the grill.
- Do not keep a filled propane tank in hot car or trunk. when getting containers refilled, make that your last stop before going home.
- Store propane tanks in an upright position and never indoors.
From all of us at SERVPRO, happy grilling and stay safe!
We Are The Cleaning Experts!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Hemet, 951-305-0629
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of HEMET today at 951-305-0629 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Wild Fire Season Approaching
The active wildfires here in Southern California that has happened in 2019 had an impact as growing Santa Ana winds add fuel to the devastating blazes thatwere in thearea. According to the New York Times, new fires broke out in Malibu on December 7, with at least 96,000 acres already burned in the Ventura area and 116,000 acres in Los Angeles County. Evacuations have closed hundreds of schools and forced 200,000 of our neighbors to seek safety. The “Thomas Fire” in the Ventura area continues to burn with the aid of strong winds. This fire has caused the closure of the 101 freeway and a boil-water advisory was issued for Ventura County. Santa Ana winds The Santa Ana winds that are enabling the fires to rapidly increase their reach can have speeds in excess of 60 miles per hour. The National Weather Service has warned of “very rapid fire growth” in that area. SERVPRO Meteorologist Lela Davis said that the Santa Ana winds were already very dry when they reached the Southern California valley, allowing them to quickly pull moisture out of vegetation, increasing the risk for wildfires. For the first time ever, a purple wind warning was issued for under the color-coded system used to advise about high winds. This purple warning pushed wind expectations from the “high” category to “extreme”. Ready to help Here at SERVPRO ofHemetwe are monitoring this wildfire season closely. Our thoughts are with those neighbors who may be put in harms’ way during theevent that has passed. In many cases, a wildfire can result in a total loss for a home or business, but in others it may be a partial loss, or can result in mild smoke damage. If your home or business is affected by a wildfire, SERVPRO ofHemetis Here to Help®.
About SERVPRO ofHEMET
SERVPRO ofHemetspecializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Living Spaces Disaster
Flooded Living Spaces Distribution warehouse located in Perris, CA
Fire sprinklers went off all morning and caused this whole Living Spaces warehouse to flood in Perris, CA. This image shows standing water resulting in damages of unboxed furniture that was meant to be for customers. SERVPRO of Hemet acted fast and arrived to the job site and completed the task to mitigate and restore.
San Jacinto Ca
Ramona Humane Society
Water intrusion in commercial buildings can damage high-value equipment like computers equipment and also building services such as HVAC, lighting, Common long-term consequences of water damage like mold or microbial growth may be more problematic than a home, due to more popularity.
in commercial buildings, flooding can mean extensive loss, and not just in the property offices department. While dealing with actual flood can be stressful, Water from roof leaks penetrating through ceilings. Chronic leakage through the roof may proceed unnoticed for long periods, hidden by suspended ceiling panels or in electrical or HVAC service areas above.
Fire Safety Prevention Tips
Fire Safety Prevention Tips
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home,inside bedrooms, and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month, if not operable change the batteries
- Plan a fire escape plan
- If a fire occurs in your property GET OUT as fast as you can and call 911. Do NOT go back inside for anything or anyone.
Cooking Fire Safety
- Be on alert!
- Stay in the kitchen or have someone watch what you are baking or cooking. If you leave the kitchen make sure it's for a short period of time.
- Whatever you have in the oven or the stove make sure to check regularly and remain home in the home while your food is cooking. Set a timer to remind you when your food is ready.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire - oven mitts,wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains away from your stove top.
Candle Fire Safety
FACT: one-third of homes catch on fire due to candles
IF YOU DO BURN CANDLES, here are a few helpful tips.....
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and will not tip over
- light candles away from you hair or anything that can easily ignite.
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Use flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage, never use candles.
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Never leave candles unattended.
How To Detect Water Damage in your home
- Cabinets- signs of rot, delamination, the finish is bubbling.
- Ceiling- discoloration, sagging,bubbling, or peeling paint.
- Floors- discolored grout, stains/watermarks, loose tile.
- Wood Floors- cupping, the boards are dipped in the center and crowning.
- Smell- old, mildew type of smell.
Knowing if you have water damage or not can be difficult to detect because sometimes you would not notice it until it is too late. The five ways mentioned above are great ways to keep an eye out in case if you spot any of these issues. More common examples of water damage in your home could be a recent sink overflow a water leak behind or underneath your sink, toilet line break, ice maker break in your fridge, or dishwasher. If you suspect any of these issues call SERVPRO right away so we can inspect with our thermal cameras for free.