5 Wildfire Safety Tips
Riverside County wildfire
Hundreds of homes across Riverside County are near woodlands and could someday be in the path of a wildfire. Keeping your home ready for wildfires and help stop the spreading of the fires or even prevent them from the beginning.
- Keep your gutters and roofs clean. Remove dead vegetation and shrubbery from your yard that is too close to the home. Keep your lawn hydrated and cut short.
- Select building materials and plants that resist fire. Desert plants need less water and raise the property value of your home.
- Make sure driveway and your house address are clearly marked. This helps the first response teams get you faster.
- Set aside items that can be used as fire tools. A rake, axe, hand or chain saw, bucket and shovel.
- Identify and maintain a good water source outside your home. Examples include a small pond, well or swimming pool if a fire hydrant is not available.
Tips For a Heat Wave
Red Cross Heat Wave Tips
Red Cross wants to remind you to be aware of the issues that arise with the temperature. Heat exhaustion and stroke sneak up on a person if you are not being smart, especially fore those who work outside like construction workers.
If you work outside remember to wear light colored loose clothes, take frequent water breaks and use a buddy system to keep an eye out for each other.
If you or someone you know is showing signs of heat exhaustion call 911 and apply cold items to the neck and wrists.
Signs of heat exhaustion include cool, pale, flushed skin; headache; nausea; dizziness; weakness; and exhaustion.
Advantages of The Emergency Ready App
Damage to your home or business can be stressful enough, having to think about what to do and who to call is unneeded stress on top of everything.
SERVPRO offers a "no charge" app to prepare for the worst. It enable you to have an updated assets record, contact lists, and records of important information like roof access points.
Having a source of this important information readily available to who ever is in the building at the time helps SERVPRO get to you even faster so we can reduce the damage and restore more rather than replace.