Living Spaces Disaster
Flooded Living Spaces Distribution warehouse located in Perris, CA
Fire sprinklers went off all morning and caused this whole Living Spaces warehouse to flood in Perris, CA. This image shows standing water resulting in damages of unboxed furniture that was meant to be for customers. SERVPRO of Hemet acted fast and arrived to the job site and completed the task to mitigate and restore.
San Jacinto Ca
Ramona Humane Society
Water intrusion in commercial buildings can damage high-value equipment like computers equipment and also building services such as HVAC, lighting, Common long-term consequences of water damage like mold or microbial growth may be more problematic than a home, due to more popularity.
in commercial buildings, flooding can mean extensive loss, and not just in the property offices department. While dealing with actual flood can be stressful, Water from roof leaks penetrating through ceilings. Chronic leakage through the roof may proceed unnoticed for long periods, hidden by suspended ceiling panels or in electrical or HVAC service areas above.
Fire Safety Prevention Tips
Fire Safety Prevention Tips
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home,inside bedrooms, and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month, if not operable change the batteries
- Plan a fire escape plan
- If a fire occurs in your property GET OUT as fast as you can and call 911. Do NOT go back inside for anything or anyone.
Cooking Fire Safety
- Be on alert!
- Stay in the kitchen or have someone watch what you are baking or cooking. If you leave the kitchen make sure it's for a short period of time.
- Whatever you have in the oven or the stove make sure to check regularly and remain home in the home while your food is cooking. Set a timer to remind you when your food is ready.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire - oven mitts,wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains away from your stove top.
Candle Fire Safety
FACT: one-third of homes catch on fire due to candles
IF YOU DO BURN CANDLES, here are a few helpful tips.....
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and will not tip over
- light candles away from you hair or anything that can easily ignite.
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Use flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage, never use candles.
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Never leave candles unattended.
How To Detect Water Damage in your home
- Cabinets- signs of rot, delamination, the finish is bubbling.
- Ceiling- discoloration, sagging,bubbling, or peeling paint.
- Floors- discolored grout, stains/watermarks, loose tile.
- Wood Floors- cupping, the boards are dipped in the center and crowning.
- Smell- old, mildew type of smell.
Knowing if you have water damage or not can be difficult to detect because sometimes you would not notice it until it is too late. The five ways mentioned above are great ways to keep an eye out in case if you spot any of these issues. More common examples of water damage in your home could be a recent sink overflow a water leak behind or underneath your sink, toilet line break, ice maker break in your fridge, or dishwasher. If you suspect any of these issues call SERVPRO right away so we can inspect with our thermal cameras for free.
May 1st of 2018 our company decided to move and grow in another location. Instead of being located on Cawston Ave. We are now located 3512 Tanya Ave. Hemet CA, 92545 .. This location so far was the best decision our company and we plan on expanding even more!
Fire Department issues warning of extension cords
Burned and Damaged Extension Cord.
Extension cords are super handy to have around when you have something that can't reach the wall socket. But, you should be wary of plugging in too many things at once. In fact, this winter fire departments across the country are warning people about the hidden dangers of extension cords.
Power strips and extension cords are words that are often used interchangeably to describe a long electrical cord with multiple plugs, but many people don't realize they are not necessarily the same thing as a surge protectors. Surge protectors will automatically cut off the power when it gets overloaded.
Power strips may have a lot of extra sockets, but that doesn't mean it can actually handle everything you throw at it. There's a limit to how much juice those things can take! If you plug the wrong thing into a power strip, that one mistake can turn very costly - or even worse, it may take a precious life.
When it gets freezing cold outside, the first thing most people do is turn up the heat. But, if you don't have a fireplace or central heating, the next best thing is a space heater. It's compact, portable, and warms up a small room in a minimal amount of time.
But, another thing that it heats up is - you guessed it - extension cords. Even if a space heater is the only thing plugged into the power strip, it can end up making your house much hotter than you originally anticipated.
According to the National Safety Fire Administration, half of all heating home fires occur during December, January, and February. And from 2009 to 2013, heating equipment accounted for 56,000 home fires. Don't become one of those statistics!
If you're thinking of getting a space heater this winter, make sure it's been third-party tested by an independent lab, like UL. If you don't see a UL rating on the box, skip it.
Don't forget to make sure your smoke detector is working, and regularly check your space heater's cords to make sure it's not frayed or damaged. This way, you'll keep both toasty warm and safe this winter.
Federal Emergency Management App (FEMA)
This app will help fire victims for weather alerts, what to & how to prepare, and disaster resources
Wildfires have quickly erupted in Southern California. Tune in to your local officials and evacuate as instructed. Download the FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency app or text SHELTER and your zip code to 43362 to find an open shelter near you. https://www.fema.gov/mobile-app
5 Wildfire Safety Tips
Riverside County wildfire
Hundreds of homes across Riverside County are near woodlands and could someday be in the path of a wildfire. Keeping your home ready for wildfires and help stop the spreading of the fires or even prevent them from the beginning.
- Keep your gutters and roofs clean. Remove dead vegetation and shrubbery from your yard that is too close to the home. Keep your lawn hydrated and cut short.
- Select building materials and plants that resist fire. Desert plants need less water and raise the property value of your home.
- Make sure driveway and your house address are clearly marked. This helps the first response teams get you faster.
- Set aside items that can be used as fire tools. A rake, axe, hand or chain saw, bucket and shovel.
- Identify and maintain a good water source outside your home. Examples include a small pond, well or swimming pool if a fire hydrant is not available.
Tips For a Heat Wave
Red Cross Heat Wave Tips
Red Cross wants to remind you to be aware of the issues that arise with the temperature. Heat exhaustion and stroke sneak up on a person if you are not being smart, especially fore those who work outside like construction workers.
If you work outside remember to wear light colored loose clothes, take frequent water breaks and use a buddy system to keep an eye out for each other.
If you or someone you know is showing signs of heat exhaustion call 911 and apply cold items to the neck and wrists.
Signs of heat exhaustion include cool, pale, flushed skin; headache; nausea; dizziness; weakness; and exhaustion.